hotel 4 star milan duomo milan historic centre special offers hotel milan four stars hotel 4 star milan duomo milan historic centre special offers hotel milan four stars hotel 4 star milan brera milan historic centre special offers hotel milan four stars hotel 4 star milan la scala theatre milan historic centre special offers hotel milan four stars hotel 4 star milan via montenapoleone milan historic centre special offers hotel milan four stars hotel 4 star milan castello sforzesco albergo milan historic centre special offers hotel milan four stars

 

DISCOVER THE ART OF MILAN

The Duomo

hotel 4 star milan duomo milan historic centre special offers hotel milan four starsThis is the main religious monument in the city and the largest building which Gothic architecture erected in Italy. Situated in Piazza del Duomo, the geometric centre of Milan, it covers 11,500 square metres, is 158 metres long and 93 metres wide; it is topped by countless spires, the tallest being 109 metres. Its construction started in 1386, during the reign of Gian Galeazzo Visconti (the architect who designed it is unknown) and continued until the 19th century. A succession of Lombard, Campionese, French and German maestri acted as director of works.

The Castello Sforzesco

hotel 4 star milan castello sforzesco albergo milan historic centre special offers hotel milan four stars Originally founded by the Viscontis in the 14th century, it was called Castello di Porta Giovia (the Giovia Gate Castle) and was immediately outside the medieval walls. After its partial destruction during the ‘Repubblica Aurea’ (1447-50), it was rebuilt by Francesco Sforza as his residence. The castle continued to undergo refurbishment and extension work at every change of regime – firstly under Ludovico il Moro until 1499 and then, later, under Spanish dominion halfway through the 16th century, through to the French in the 19th century. Today, the appearance of the castle is the result of the most important renovation work – that of Luca Beltrami, between the 19th and 20th centuries, which reinvented the fortress with significant additions and changes.


Galleria Vittorio Emanuele

hotel 4 star milan galleria vittorio emanuele albergo milan historic centre special offers hotel milan four stars The Gallery has been defined as the ‘Drawing-room of Milan’ and connects Piazza del Duomo with Piazza della Scala. It was created by G. Mengoni between 1865 and 1877 in the shape of a cross with a central octagon and glass and iron covering. It is the traditional meeting place for the Milanese and is considered one of the most important architectural creations of 19th century Milan.

 


Il Palazzo reale

hotel 4 star milan palazzo reale albergo milan historic centre special offers hotel milan four starsLo splendido edificio del Palazzo Reale, antica reggia dei sovrani di Milano, si trova proprio nel cuore della città, a fianco del Duomo. La sua antica storia, la raffinatezza architettonica e la centralità lo rendono particolarmente adatto all'allestimento di mostre temporanee di grande richiamo, che vengono organizzate nelle sue prestigiose sale affrescate e stuccate.


La Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Grazie

hotel 4 star milan chiesa santa maria delle grazie albergo milan historic centre special offers hotel milan four starsE' una delle più belle chiese del periodo rinascimentale: fu edificata tra il 1466 e il 1490 in forme gotico-lombarde da G. Solari e modificata poi dal Bramante, al quale si devono la parte absidale o tribuna, a forma di grande cubo triabsidato, e il tiburio poligonale a galleria. L'interno, a tre navate, deve il suo fascino soprattutto alla tribuna rinascimentale del Bramante, sormontata da una bianca cupola formata da quattro grandiose arcate e impreziosita da una decorazione a graffito. Dalla tribuna si passa al chiostrino, sempre del Bramante, cinto da un portico.


La Chiesa di Sant'Ambrogio

hotel 4 star milan chiesa sant ambrogio albergo milan historic centre special offers hotel milan four starsFu fondata nel 379 da Sant'Ambrogio stesso, protettore di Milano, come "Basilica Martyrum" (basilica dei martiri), poiché ospitava le spoglie dei Santi Gervasio e Protasio. Lo stesso Vescovo vi fu sepolto alla sua morte, il giorno di Pasqua del 397. I ritocchi sull'assetto originario della chiesa si sono ripetuti nel corso dei secoli, modificandone l'aspetto iniziale di severo edificio a tre navate: un nuovo presbiterio ed una nuova abside seguono la costruzione di un secondo campanile entro il X secolo. Nel 1126 un grosso crollo obbliga a pesanti interventi e adattamenti che si protraggono nei secoli successivi, fino all'opera di "restaurazione" ottocentesca che, nel tentativo di riportarla all'aspetto antecedente al crollo de 1196, incide notevolmente sull'immagine definitiva della basilica.